Menu
barryg3
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

is a micro filter needed to stop the crackling on my landline cordless phone

i keep getting crackling and echo on my cordless landline phones,all checks are showing no problems,do i need to install a micro filter to stop the problem

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: is a micro filter needed to stop the crackling on my landline cordless phone

Hello

Micro filters are not needed on the VM system.

Have you tried a different phone, do you have more than one device connected to the phone line, if so remove and test with one telephone.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
barryg3
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: is a micro filter needed to stop the crackling on my landline cordless phone

hi Mike, thanks for the help, we have triple cordless phones which are new , the problem comes and goes and can sometimes come on in the middle of a call,which was why i thought i might need a micro filter, so is it not possible to get interference from my broadband ?  thanks  Barry

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello

No there will be no interference from the broadband, micro filters are only used on a phone line and broadband coming down the old copper twisted pair cables from openreach.

Broadband doesn't suffer the same issues.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
barryg3
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

thanks mike , i will just have to grin and bear it  thank you again  Barry

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Crackling is usually a sign that there is a poor connection somewhere or an issue with the switch at the exchange. If it gets a nuisance then give faults a call.

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

0 Kudos
barryg3
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

thank you very helpful
0 Kudos