cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

intermittent loud cracking noises

woodway
Tuning in

Some days my phone works fine on all 3 handsets but for a week now sometimes i get such continuous loud cracking noise that I can't hear the other person. It happens on incoming and outgoing calls at random times. I can't find any way of asking someone if there is a fault on the lone. A series of automated messages gets me to an offer to send an engineer with a warning that I will have to pay if it is not a Virgin fault. The fact that my phones mostly work fine makes me thing it is not the phones but I'm reluctant to get Virgin out when I have not been able to discuss the issue with a live person

9 REPLIES 9

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there woodway,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community.

Just to clarify regarding this, how often will it appear? Is it on every call?

Let us know,

Kain

No.  Some calls are absolutely fine but in the same day it can be too crackly to hear the other person. When it crackles it happens on all the handsets. I also had a message on 1571 which I couldn't hear because of the crackling but I had made an outgoing call 30 minutes earlier when there was no problem at all

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Ahh okay,

That would usually be classed as a noisy line, this can be from a slight break in the line where our technicians will need to resolve that issue for you.

With regards to the appointment statement, firstly all appointment follow that criteria however our technicians will advise before any work is complete whether the original appointment booked will be classed as chargeable.

Let us know if you'd like the appointment scheduled,

Kain

Is there no way for you to test the line?  I'm sure I remember BT being able to do that though I moved to Virgin a long time ago. Obviously I can't carry on with the line like this but I don't want to be landed with undisclosed charges

I have had a look at our system @woodway and this issue may need a technician visit. We would not charge you if there is indeed a fault on the line. You can find out more here https://www.virginmedia.com/legal/price-guides.

Please let me know if you are happy to proceed and we will be happy to book this for you.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

That link does not work (404 page not found).  From your look at the system is it likely the fault might resolve itself without a visit?

How strange! We are able to access the link. Are you able to try again here https://www.virginmedia.com/legal/price-guides.

Looking at the system, a technician visit may be required however I can not completely verify this until the technician takes a look at the service. Are you happy for me to proceed?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

The link still won't work for me but please proceed since I have to get this issue solved,

Thanks

In this case, I will send you a private message, please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team