Menu
bixiermc
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

hub 3 says telephony disabled, i use wall plug in phone

hi. I have not had a working landline since the beginning of the year.i have repeatedly asked for help with this but it was escalated to a complaint, and now i have had a letter saying i can go to the ombudsman if i want. when i have managed to get on the hub 3 and look it says telephony disabled. i plug my phone in to the wall, not straight in to the hub. could this be a hub 3 problem? my home phone does not ring in my house but if people ring the number it appears to be ok and takes them to a standard answerphone message, not mine. i of course have been unable to use the line or access anything. the error code on my phone says no line. i have borrowed other phones and tried 3 in total and still the same problem.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: hub 3 says telephony disabled, i use wall plug in phone

If you are an existing customer with a wired landline master socket the hub sockets will be disabled. New customers & customers in the new project lightning fibre to home areas have the line enabled through the hub.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
bixiermc
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

thank you for your reply. eight months and no phone, particularly during the pandemic, is somewhat ludicrous to say the least. and i am still billed for it. i think i might need a new provider now.

0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

This sounds like a very sorry story of VM failing get your phone line fixed over such a long time period.

If you have received a 'deadlock' letter you can take the case to the ombudsman. As I understand it though, VM will no longer deal with you directly on the matter until the case is resolved. Others on here can give you more information on this process and the likely outcomes.

The responses from the official VM forum team on this 'Home Phone' board seem to be somewhat infrequent at the moment. Their replies can be up to a week but are not guaranteed.

If you get no joy on here within a reasonable time then you should probably go ahead with the ombudsman route.

Hopefully one of the forum team can step in and facilitate a fix for you before that happens.

0 Kudos
Melissa_F
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi bixiermc,

Thanks for your post and welcome.

I'm really sorry that you're currently without a landline. I can appreciate you're keen to get this fixed.

I'd like to get this investigated for you, so I'll pop you a private message.

Thanks

Melissa