Menu
Angelo1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

how many landline phones can I have in my home

Hi all, I'm thinking of adding a Virgin Media phone line to my broadband only VM account but currently I have 3 cordless landline phones in my home  and from what I've heard and read is that my new vm landline will be connected to my Superhub 3 broadband. how are my other phones in my house going to work when the broadband unit is downstairs? and I have other phones around the house and there's only two ports on the Superhub 3. 

0 Kudos
Joshua_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: how many landline phones can I have in my home

If the handsets you have are all cordless, I'm assuming only one of them is connected to a telephone master socket?  With the other 2 being slaves from the master unit, so if that's the case then the main master phone would just plug into the hub downstairs and the others would operate as normal as slaves. 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out , all opinions are my own. Find out more

If you have found my response helpful today please take the time to mark my answer as helpful and give some Kudos.

Although I work for Vm all/most posts are of my own opinion

Fancy £50 off your bill? Ask me how.
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello

Only 1 telephone port will be enabled on the hub 3, VM will supply an adapter to link between the socket on the hub to a phone, if you have a engineer install they will install a master socket but you will have to ask, if you already have a VM master socket he will link that to the hub, most phone lines allow upto 5 physical phones, if your cordless phones all link to the same base station that would only count as 1 phone.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Angelo1
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply. That's what I was thinking would be the best set up. Also, what can I do with an old intercom system I have in the home, just 2 handsets one upstairs and one downstairs and a speaker outside the front door that is connected to a BT socket. how would I be able to connect that to virgin hub 3? or do I have to buy a new intercom that's wireless, if there is such a thing, I haven't checked that out yet.

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Angelo1, if you ask the engineer to link the master/extension sockets to the hub & the intercom is also linked to the master socket then that should work, otherwise you may need to look into alternative options for the intercom.

Tom