Menu
melvin46
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

home phone

How do I cancel my home phone line, it is forever breaking down. The last time it broke down it was for 3 months, I got no compensation and I was still charged for the service I was not getting. Is that breaking the law or what? 

0 Kudos
SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: home phone

Cancelling services is not something the forum team can do so your options are call VM or use the text messaging service:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/When-and-how-to-use-our-messaging-service/ba-p/425...

My setup: VM TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

melvin46
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I think I will hire a solicitor to advise me what to do next. 

0 Kudos
melvin46
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have now switched to Post Office home phones. I still have not been able to cancel my virgin phone line though it looks like I will have to get a solicitor.

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the Community Forums, melvin46,

Sorry to hear you are cancelling the service due to issues with the landline. Can you confirm if your switch to Post Office home phone includes porting the phone number? If so then once the port is completed then the service will cancel. The landline should not be cancel before the port or this will stop the transfer.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
melvin46
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yes my switch to Post Office phones does include porting the phone number.

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying, melvin46. After the port completes then the landline service will cancel.

0 Kudos
melvin46
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

After all this trouble with my phone line and the poor service and the difficulty contacting anyone at Virgin Media I have just been looking at sky, I think I will change to them it's only £70 a month for TV and Broadband as opposed to virgins £131.

0 Kudos
melvin46
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have now taken a subscription with Sky so would you please cancel all my subscriptions with Virgin Media from 31/1/2021 

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello Melvin46,

Thanks for using the forums, I am afraid the only team that can process cancellations are the retentions team, who can be contacted on 0345 454 1111, option 1, 4 then 4 again. We wouldn't be able to cancel your services here on the forums, sorry about that.

I am sorry to see you leave us, but we understand. 

Kind regards,

Megan_L

0 Kudos