Menu
lizad1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

home phone number not ported from bt

I have just transferred broadband and phone from bt to virgin and it is turning into a nightmare. My home phone line finally transferred over today and despite the engineer calling BT while he was here to port my phone number, I can make call but not receive them. When I call my number it connects and I can even leave a message but it is not ringing and no message is actually received. 

I have no idea what number it is connected to but it is clearly not my number.

I am an older person with older friends and family who still use a landline!

I have been holding on to talk to someone with awful music for ages and cannot get any help.

Not very impressed with the broadband either as internet keeps dropping but that is not so urgent.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: home phone number not ported from bt

Hey there lizad1,

Sorry to hear about your number porting issue after the tech visit. I've had a peek at your details using the information we have on here and can see that the number port went ahead and we are just waiting for our systems to complete. I've triggered some activities to push it along but please give it an hour and see if you can receive any incoming calls from your ported number or not so we can check the line details again.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
lizad1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisa

Thank you for replying but sadly nothing has changed. I cannot receive calls although I can make them. This is all turning into a bit of a disaster for us. Since moving over from BT our phone line does not work, our viewing online is buffering as much if not more despite promises it would be better and I am just so disappointed after all the reassurances. Life is stressful enough at the moment.

Liza

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the update Lizad1.

I've booked an engineer appointment to continue the investigation using the forum information.

Please check the details of this and reschedule if needed on your online account.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
lizad1
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Emily

I have had a text message saying an engineer will call on the 22nd. However that will take me out of the time in which I can cancel my contract! I am really  unhappy and unless either my cancellation period is extended to take account of all this or something is sorted sooner I will just find another provider.

Best wishes

Liza

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

We're not able to extend the cooling off period but the team will work on the fault until it's fixed for you. 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos