Menu
I_rate
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

home phone line not working

My home phone is not working but I cannot book an engineer to come and fix it. My wife and I are both pensioners and we do not have mobile phones. We went to my sons yesterday to call Virgin Media on his phone to try to book an engineer to come and fix the problem. I spoke to somebody and explained the problem but he said he could not check the line because the internet router was off. I told him I had checked on the internet to check the status and all was ok. I also took a phone downstairs and plugged in directly into the virgin phone socket as instructed on the help page so could he make an appointment for an engineer to sort it out. The person I was speaking to said he needed to go and get advice, in the mean time my wife went back home to switch on the router. 30 minutes later the man came back on the phone to apologise for the delay so I told him that my router should be switched on so he went off again. About 15 minutes later I got three beeps on the phone and the line went dead. I have today contacted you resolution team about my phone not working and they emailed me back saying they couldn't contact me because my phones not working (who employs these people) and I could phone them to sort out my problem, can anyone help me contact someone via email to try and get my phone working

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: home phone line not working

Hi there @I_rate

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post; I was very sorry to understand that you're having some issues with your landline and have not yet been able to get a technician booked for the issue.

I have located your account from here and have done a few checks at this end for you. You have our standard landline so it should not have mattered if your Hub was plugged in or not - I can only apologise about that.

There are no known area issues listed and everything is looking ok on the telephone exchange. If you have already tried a new handset in the main master socket then we can certainly book a technician for you. I'll just need to pop you a quick message to confirm your account address - please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply ASAP

Hope to hear from you soon. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks so much for your Private Message @I_rate - I do appreciate how quickly you have been back in touch. 

Your technician has been booked and I have popped you a reply to the private message with more information - if you need any help in the meantime, please do not hesitate to pop back to the thread. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Very pleased to understand that we managed to get your landline sorted out for you yesterday @I_rate - thank you so much for sending me an update last night 🙂 

If you ever need anything in the future, you know where we are. 

Stay safe 

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos