Menu
pudos
Tuning in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

home phone line not working for 3 days

my home phone number is not receiving or letting me make calls

I've phoned virgin 3 times and been passed around.  told no area issues - then told there are - texted to tell me all fixed - not working - at all.  I reported it again - tell me there is still an area problem, give me a different phone number, who then tell me there are no problems!

No-one gives a straight answer.

Is there just one number to call (again from my mobile) and speak to someone who has some idea what they are talking about?

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: home phone line not working for 3 days

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the community forums, Pudos,

Sorry to hear that you have been having landline issues. It is just the one number, but I have also run remote diagnostics and it is coming up as an outage. There isn't much detail as just been raised and is flagged for engineers.

Thanks,

Corey C

0 Kudos
pudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thank you - the landline has now not worked for at least 48hrs - maybe longer.

Tests on line say no faults. the 0800 561 0061 number i was given also says no faults. its small but has annoyed me at having to pay to phone in and report fault on the 0345 numbers..

Its not just this time, the line has frequently had problems but as i use it so little i hadn't got round to getting it checked as would need time off work. its been very frustrating at being told different things
0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying, pudos.

As it's being flagged for engineers , they will be working to get things sorted as soon as possible.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
pudos
Tuning in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

So lets make it 5 days, at least without a working home line now. It may have been given to engineers to sort but noting done, no contact made with me.

Is this level of service really ok?

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I'm sorry pudos,

Appreciate this isn't ideal, and I'm sorry we don't have any further details we can provide at the moment. 

I assure you this is being looked into by the technical team.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
pudos
Tuning in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I got text saying phone now working and it did.....for about 5 mins then cut off again. Now when I phone in says there is a fault and it might be fixed by later on today.

I've now not had a working land line for 6 days. And its always been down to me to phone in or write on here.

I hope I'll be refunded for the lost land line -it costs me to phone in and ask for an update (why charge a customer to report a fault on your service?!). I presume Virgin's approach is to make contacting and complaining costly and pointless so customers don't bother? Errors and breakdowns happen, but not bothering to contacting customers is not good enough.

This service is a joke
0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hey @pudos,

Sorry to hear of the issues that you've been having with your landline service recently.

The outage should now be resolved, so I have taken your number off the network and re-added back onto the network, please can you check this for me to see if that has helped at all.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
pudos
Tuning in
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steven

Yes it appears to be working now, i hope this remains the same.  Thank you.

It still doesn't take away the service received so far and me paying for a phone line that doesn't work for nearly a week.

Paul

0 Kudos
pudos
Tuning in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

From 11pm last night (probably before as we had nor checked later in the evening) the line went down again

Its still not working

This now means I have not had a truly working landline for a week. Each time I phoned in am told fault is being repaired, or there is not one - to report a fault costs me in both time and money. Whilst cost may be seen as low why am I charged to phone in and report that services that I am paying for are not working?

Please get this line fixed- its of particular importance at this time
0 Kudos