Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

home phone carry on

So, the other day I got a strange call, I said hello and there was a long pause before the caller said hello, I asked it who it was and....silence, I could hear background noise only.  I hung up, picked up the receiver and there is now just a constant beep beep like an engaged tone and I cant dial out, listen to messages, nothing.   I can still receive calls though  . Did a test, pulled wire in and out of wall and still same noise.  Help! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: home phone carry on

Hi Arl-ene 

Thanks for contacting us today. 

We will send you a private message. 

Kind regards 

Chris. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

hi, I am having the same issue here. just managed to get a dialling tone, so trying to speak with virgin to find out what is going on. in addition to this outgoing calls to 123 @ 26p each for calls we have not made. there is something going on here.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ill have to look at bill to see if im being charged for calls.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

After spending 35 mins waiting to speak with somebody, they have decided to send an engineer to check the phone line. I raised the issue with these charges being made and they want to wait for the engineers report!!

Our phone rang 4 times between the hours of 00.00 to 07.00 this morning, checked to see who had called and it only reported a call made to the landline on 9th December.

It just makes me wonder, if the quiet calls and these charges have a pattern, so I am recording times to establish. Unless Virgin come up with the answer, refund and solution!!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Keep us up to date with the technician visit Markw2.

Rob

0 Kudos