cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

geemarc Amplidect combi 295 phone

Codfisherperson
On our wavelength

Since installing a geemarc Amplidect 295 to a new Virgin Media 5Hub , we are constantly cut off during phone calls. Is this a faulty phone, Virgin Media fault or another problem.

7 REPLIES 7

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Codfisherperson,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear you're having a bit of trouble with the landline service. Is it possible for you to try a different landline handset at all? That way we can help narrow down this being a potential equipment related issue or not.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

I don't have another phone.

Main phone plugged into Hub 5, upstairs,  extension downstairs. Both phones get cut off.

Hi @Codfisherperson,

Thank you for expanding. Are you noticing any pattern to this issue? For example, is it only happen when receiving calls? Are landline numbers impacted only? Is it happening at a certain point in the call (e.g. 5 minutes in)? etc.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Codfisherperson wrote:

Since installing a geemarc Amplidect 295 to a new Virgin Media 5Hub , we are constantly cut off during phone calls. Is this a faulty phone, Virgin Media fault or another problem.

Calls being cut off mid-call and also calls involving one-way loss of connection during a call have been getting regular mentions on here.

If it is a new phone, then it is less likely to be your equipment that is at fault.

Had this geemarc phone installed since October 2021. Don't remember a problem when connected to BT line

Hub 5 since October 2022.

Believe it's been on incoming calls and out going calls on landline, and incoming calls from mobiles. Cut off time lengths vary.

Hi Codfisherperson.

Thank you for replying back onto this thread.

Sorry to see your having issues with your landline.

I will be private message you to have a closer look.

Please watch out for the purple envelope ✉.  

Thank you.

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Arissa_H
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Codfisherperson. 

Thank you for joining me on private message ☺.

Always remember you can track or change your engineer appointment by using this link.

Let us know if you need anything else as we are just one post away!

Thank you.

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide