cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fibre phone

GoodGrief
Joining in

There seems to be no way of arranging a connection between fibre and my my telephone network. 150 gives no no option please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

If you want to use existing phone sockets via the connection from the VM hub, once you are 'switched', then VM should make those modifications for you free of charge as part of the switchover process. This is often arranged as a follow-up visit, post-switchover, as the old incoming line is disconnected from the master socket to prevent the new connection from the VM hub being fed back out into the street.

VM forum staff won't usually reply here in 'Tech Chatter'. A moderator or forum VIP may move your topic to 'Home Phone' where it will get a reply from VM staff.

Default cut/paste answer to this type of query is ...

Ask VM (via the VM forum team on here) to modify your home phone wiring so you can use your existing landline extension sockets via the phone connection from the VM hub.

VM should offer to do this free of charge for you as part of the switchover process.

Make sure they make modifications to your phone wiring so you can keep each piece of equipment in the same place (rather than the offer which sometimes crops up on here to move the hub to a different location)

Refer here

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/landline/switchover

Do I need to book a technician visit?

You’ll need to book a free technician visit if...

• You rely on your landline for accessibility needs or don’t have a mobile to make an emergency call – we’ll provide you with an Emergency Back Up Line so you’re always able to call emergency services.
  • You’ve got connected devices such as a burglar alarm linked to a control centre, use a telecare device, or have other phones connected to extension sockets. You’ll need to contact your provider and let them know about the switch if you have any of these to make sure they’re compatible with a fibre service.
  • The Hub and your home phone can’t be placed near each other.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@GoodGrief wrote:

There seems to be no way of arranging a connection between fibre and my my telephone network. 150 gives no no option please help.

Your post does not give too much info as to what it is you are after.

Do you mean that your VM landline is now connected from the back of the VM hub and you want to enable telephone wall sockets around your home to work from the hub's phone connection?

fibre phone is not enabled yet, have been supplied with an adapter in readyness for the great day. The phones are remote from the hub so the adapter is useless.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

If you want to use existing phone sockets via the connection from the VM hub, once you are 'switched', then VM should make those modifications for you free of charge as part of the switchover process. This is often arranged as a follow-up visit, post-switchover, as the old incoming line is disconnected from the master socket to prevent the new connection from the VM hub being fed back out into the street.

VM forum staff won't usually reply here in 'Tech Chatter'. A moderator or forum VIP may move your topic to 'Home Phone' where it will get a reply from VM staff.

Default cut/paste answer to this type of query is ...

Ask VM (via the VM forum team on here) to modify your home phone wiring so you can use your existing landline extension sockets via the phone connection from the VM hub.

VM should offer to do this free of charge for you as part of the switchover process.

Make sure they make modifications to your phone wiring so you can keep each piece of equipment in the same place (rather than the offer which sometimes crops up on here to move the hub to a different location)

Refer here

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/landline/switchover

Do I need to book a technician visit?

You’ll need to book a free technician visit if...

• You rely on your landline for accessibility needs or don’t have a mobile to make an emergency call – we’ll provide you with an Emergency Back Up Line so you’re always able to call emergency services.
  • You’ve got connected devices such as a burglar alarm linked to a control centre, use a telecare device, or have other phones connected to extension sockets. You’ll need to contact your provider and let them know about the switch if you have any of these to make sure they’re compatible with a fibre service.
  • The Hub and your home phone can’t be placed near each other.

Hi there @GoodGrief 👋 Welcome to our forum and thanks for your post 😊

Sorry to see you've not been able to arrange having an extension installed for your phone line. I'll certainly be happy to help arrange this for you. I'll send you a PM to confirm your details so this can be done.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for chatting with me via PM @GoodGrief 😊 I'm glad I have been able to help you get an engineer arranged.

Please let me know how this visit goes, if you need anything further, We'll be happy to assist.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules