cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

engineer visit - landline not near router

crozza
Joining in

From looking at the forum I need an engineer visit to enable Vigin to upgrade the landline to cable. My router is in a cupboard about 15 feet from my phone. Help please.

4 REPLIES 4

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @crozza,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear there's some complications with your current set up. Have you been contacted about the switchover yet and provided with the adapter? Is it not currently possible to move the landline and the router together?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

crozza
Joining in

i have the adapter. The router is in a cupboard on the other side of the room to out phone. I am happy to stay on the copper wieing if thats is a solution? If not there will need to be some internal cable work undertaken...

Hi @crozza,

I'm afraid that remaining on the current landline system will not be possible, sorry. The switchover is gradually being rolled out to all customers across all providers. 

I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments. Please respond to this when you can and we'll proceed from there with this.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi @crozza

Thank you for getting back to me via private message so that we could look into this for you. As we discussed there, a technician visit has now been scheduled and booked.

I'm unable to confirm the date/time of the booking publicly, but this can be checked and managed via the My Virgin Media online account. It may not appear straight away, but after an hour or so it should update and show it.

A technician visit is free of charge unless one of the below instances apply:

•    You are not present for the technician visit.
•    The fault is due to your own equipment.
•    The fault is due to damage caused by yourself or someone at the premises which we were not aware of.
•    The fault is due to theft, loss, or removal of equipment.

If any of the above apply, there will be a £25 charge which will be added to the next monthly bill.

You can find more information about this here.

Let us know how the visit goes either way.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team