Menu
andye1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

dodgy call charges

hi,after checking my account today i noticed my bill was £119 instead of £87 so i checked and noticed i have been charged for phone calls i never made,there is 4 calls all within half an hour of each other to-

Fri 11 Sep15:25Non Geo090154529213:57£5.57
Fri 11 Sep15:56Non Geo090154529213:24£5.57
Fri 11 Sep16:08Non Geo0901545292110:40£6.56
Fri 11 Sep16:38Non Geo0901545292127:20

£8.97

has anyone else had this problem

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: dodgy call charges

Hi andye1, thanks for messaging us and sorry to hear that you have some calls which you do not recognise, can you call your mobile from the landline and confirm if the correct number is showing up please? You may have a crossed line in the cabinet or the calls have actually been made by the handset? Could anyone else have used the phone? Chris 

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Dodgy indeed:

https://who-called.co.uk/Number/09015452921 

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
andye1
Tuning in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Ive rang my mobile from landline and the number comes up fine,only me and my wife use the landline but its pretty  rare we do.ive looked the number up and it looks like some kind of scam we definitely havnt rang that number.

0 Kudos
andye1
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Also ive checked my call register and the number doesnt come up in inward or outward calls

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi andye1, there is two things we can do, we can check if there is a crossed line but as this comes up as a scam number the other option would be to change the landline number ^Chris 

0 Kudos
andye1
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

If ive not rang this number which i havnt how can i be charged

0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@andye1 wrote:

If ive not rang this number which i havnt how can i be charged

The billing info VM have provided looks non-sensical from message #1 for that particular number.

The phone number provided can be looked up on the 'Phone-paid Services Authority' (PSA) website and returns to a company offering an 'ICSS- Helpline' service redirecting to another company's helpline via premium rate. You can use the info from the PSA service checker to confirm you would have had no reason to contact that particular final-destination company (and certainly not via a premium rate number redirection). Explanation on 'ICSS - Helplines' below.

https://psauthority.org.uk/news/blogs/2018/april/call-connection-services--what-are-they

I think this is about the 8th topic I have noticed on the forum in the last month of VM customers complaining of call charges they don't recognise on their landlines (some of which they advise have never even been connected to a phone). Unfortunately these usually go to private message and no final outcome is known on the forum. I have seen only one recent topic where the OP did feed back that they did get a credit for the disputed calls.

Also worth noting that a search on 09015 prefix using the website mentioned in message #3 above returns similar complaints of multiple randomly dialled premium rate 09015 numbers from customers with a range of different telecoms providers, not just VM.

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi andye1,

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the community forums, I've removed the call charges from your bill and forwarded the details to be investigated.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
andye1
Tuning in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi corey c,massively appreciate your help thankyou

0 Kudos