Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

disgraceful compensation for 4 days total loss home phone

hi I had total loss landline home phone for 4 days september,I made an official complaint,got letter today blah blah not able a credit this time?,angry,phoned up sounded like Indian guy difficult understand he went onaon and on and on,had to stop him in end just repeating already know,after a lot sorry sorrys ect said he could offer me £6.66,I said your joking right I'm an OAP 70 years old?,no he said,I said thats an insult,Im not accepting that,so he said so you are rejecting compensation?,no said just not 6.66 that's insulting,ok I have a word my manager offered me £5 more I had to accept this, how bad...comments?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rising star
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: disgraceful compensation for 4 days total loss home phone

The figures for compensation are shown here

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation

but there are a lot of T&Cs and small print about how they are applied, as shown at the bottom of the page (which includes the two 'official' means of reporting a fault). The compensation is £8 per day for the total loss of a service (but subject to all the T&Cs in the link above).

Have a read and see how they apply to your situation.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

thanks for the reply,i already looked at the compensation on their site even the guy spioke to said it was £8 day as i had total loss phone servive,so i got £6.66 go figure that?.even 2 days at £8 is £16 i complained about it and got extra £5 so compo dont quite work how it says it does?..

Credit is calculated automatically, which means that any credit will automatically appear on your bill – so you won’t need to do anything!

• £8 per day for a total loss of service after 2 full working days* from registering the loss of service to us
  • £5 per day if we don’t install your services on the promised day until installation’s completed
  • £25 if we don’t turn up on the promised day of an appointment

Credit may be less if you don’t accept the earliest appointment offered to you or if you have rescheduled an appointment to a later time.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rising star
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Can't give you a definitive answer, unfortunately. However, quoting from the same page above.

Total loss of broadband or phone service
"You can report the issue to us by registering it online or alternatively, calling us. If we haven’t fixed the fault within 48 hours from the end of that day, you will be entitled to £8 credit per day until it’s sorted."

So, the day your report the fault does not count and there are then two working days after that before the compensation count starts.

If your phone was fixed on day 3 after you reported the fault, I would have thought that would be £8 (unless of course they have given you a fraction of the £8 because the phone was fixed part way through that day!)

I think you will have to wait for someone else on the forum, or one of the VM forum team, to clarify exactly how the costs are worked out. The forum team normally reply within a few days but can take up to a week.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

thanks for your reply back,yes was fixed end 4th day,so hey ho not going lose sleep over this just dissapointed at the non count days shameful..

best regards

john

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You are using & paying for a residential class service & the compensation arrangements approved by OFCOM reflect that. Don’t expect a Business class service level or compensation. Four days for a fix is about standard across all providers for a residential repair.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos