cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cv21 upgrade in Beckenham

lesterdavis
Joining in

We have not yet received correspondence from Virgin about this change but have had several suspicious phone calls asking for passwords etc ,   they are now blocked but were they genuine?

8 REPLIES 8

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @lesterdavis 👋.

Thanks for reaching out on the community page 😃

Any correspondence that you will have received would of been sent via post informing you of the new 21CV system that is coming to your area. If by any chance you did not receive that and we have not heard from you during that time, we may call you in order to ensure that we have everything that we need to know in order to make the transition from the old telephone line to the new telephone line as smooth as possible. 

When Virgin call you, they will always present you with a warm welcome and ask certain details to confirm you are the account holder, but we will NEVER ask for the password to your internet Hub or your online account, only the password that you have for any telephone contact and only certain characters of it. Should you choose to doubt if they are genuine Virgin employees, that is OK, we do not mind, we will note the account and ask you to call back in when ever it is convenient to you. Do not be afraid to ask for their name as we can check it also. 

If you have the numbers that they have called you from, many people choose to Google them, or come to us and we can check to see if they are Virgin, or negative callers. 

I do hope this helps, if you have any more questions or require further assistance, please reach out to us, we are here.

Sabrina

lesterdavis
Joining in

Have you posted CV21 details to  BR3 1HR yet?  If so please send them again. 

Hi @lesterdavis 👋.

Thanks for getting back in touch. I can confirm that the area postcode you have provided, correspondence will have gone out via letter form,  I am afraid we will not be able to send it again. Also our team has been contacting those in your area that are part of the new switchover system. If you so wish, you can contact us at anytime on this number 📞 0345 454 1111, option 1, option 2, option 3.

It will state "fault with telephone service" but this will be the best way to ensure you get someone who can go through any and all questions you have and the process to book you in for the switchover and should a engineer be required to visit your home for any equipment adjustments.

Hope this is of some help.

Sabrina

Thanks for your reply I don't have any further i NEED TO DO TO FOLLOW UP

Thanks for your reply,   I think I will wait until further details become available before attempting any follow up 

Thanks .   

[MOD EDIT: removed spacings]

How do i find the switchover date for our landline?   No letter yet and no details in any answer so far.  We have the new router connected and ready.

/

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there lesterdavis,

So usually our team would send communication for as to when the switch will occur.

However because you have advised that you've received all the necessary equipment I'll see if we can get this actioned for you.

I've dropped you a PM so we can discuss further, the message will appear within the envelope icon at the top right of this forum page.

Regards,

Kain

lesterdavis
Joining in

I'm happy to look the details up for myself where do I find them.

Would you please confirm you are employed by Virgin,  there seems to be very little direct information coming in this forum.  

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response there,

Once the local team set a switch date you'll be notified through our communication channels which would be via email or letter, if this hasn't been received yet then our team may not have one set for now.

Regarding any staff that work on our forums, this can be visible through this link on the "Who manages the Virgin Media Community" section which will describe the titles etc that staff will have on here.

Regards,

Kain