Menu
Antman54
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

customer support! (again)

My home phione line has stopped working. booked an engineer. they came and told me the outside cable is faulty and needs replacing.

today i get an email saying the fault is fixed and everything is OK. - it isn't - i have no phone line.

The Virgin system asks you to use your phone to call in problems which has to be one of the dumbest things i've seen!

in addition the customer service number ending in 1111 isn't working - certainly not from my mobile.

How on earth are you meant to contact them to find out the state of the problem and if it's being fixed or not? anyone with useful tips on how to navigate their utterly useless customer system? i'd be very grateful.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: customer support! (again)

Hey there Antman54 and sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you're experiencing with your landline. I've managed to find your details using the information we have on here and can see that an engineer has been arranged and still open. I'm unsure what email you received about a fault being fixed and it may be an area fault but can I ask what exactly are you experiencing? I can add it onto the job notes for our engineer. Is there a dial tone or have you tried a different handset?

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Antman54
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Our phone line is down.

it started with crackling noise then just failed completely. we cannot make calls. The phone does ring, but we are unable to answer it as there is nothing on the other end.

I called the first engineer who confirmed our cable was faulty and would need replacing. he didn't give any details other than that verbally. I then received an email saying the fault was fixed when it clearly wasn't. (dated 22/01) The phone remained out of use.

As the customer helpline is also unavailable, I booked online for a second engineer (Andre 62377 ) who re confirmed the problem, but he helpfully promised to let me know and did ring back to say the cable repair is booked in for February 19th. (that is a long wait with no phone BTW, but in the email Virgin promise £8.00 per day refund for every day the line is out of use, so this will be a costly wait for Virgin I guess.)

We have tried a different handset and it remains faulty.

Every now and again the phone rings, (with no caller ID showing, it just says 'external') and we are unable to connect or hear anything if and when we pick up the phone. We can't call out as the line does not respond, there is no dial tone.

My current Virgin package is up for renewal, but I am also unable to upgrade online. and as mentioned the customer number to call from a mobile is out of use.

I would appreciate feedback on what exactly I am meant to do.

(and I do look forward to receiving the £8.00 per day promised refund, which I guess if the line is not repaired before the 19th Feb will be at least 28 days, so potentially = £224.00 !!)

Thanks

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Good morning @Antman54

Thank you for taking the time to post.  I am sorry to hear that you have had the issues with the landline and upgrading online. 

I am glad to hear that we have managed to sort the engineers to come and sort this out. 

In order to sort your package out, you will need to get in touch with the customer retentions team, you can get hold of them on 345 454 1111 options 1-4-5.

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Antman54
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, but to flag, your customer support number is not working - 

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to me. 

The customer service number is active, It might be that you are unable to get though due to high volume, but I can assure you we are working as hard as possible to speak to all of our customers.

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos