Menu
JimmyS1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

crackling phone line

My phone line has been crackling for a few weeks, the noise slowly builds up and disconnects from whoever is calling. Tried all the forum advice, but nothing helps. I cannot use the phone, I was hoping it may sort itself out. Anybody got any more suggestions ?? Thanks

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: crackling phone line

Hi Jimmy,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry toi hear you are having issues with your phoneline.

I have had a look our end and cannot see any issues at all, all looks as it should be, have you checked the phone by trying a different handset, make sure there isn't anything else plugged in the socket including  and extentions or filters.

If you have a basic standalone phone please try that.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
JimmyS1
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul, thanks for your quick reply, yes I have tried a different phone, I have all extensions disconnected. I have removed the faceplate of the virgin master socket and have my phone plugged into the service socket. But I still have all the issues.
Thanks
0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi JimmyS1,

I have had a look our end and and cannot see any issues at all, I will be more than happy to look further into this and book a technician if required.

so I can help further I will send you an invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.