Menu
lou020
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

charged for numbers I haven't rung

im being charged for numbers I haven't rung 084 No.  supposedly 70 last month and 2 in the last 2 days.   im currently on hold to virgin accounts and billing

0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: charged for numbers I haven't rung

If you browse through the recent posts on this 'Home Phone' forum you will see this issue has cropped up a few times (I think I have counted 5 inc. your own?) in the last couple of weeks.

Are your phones plugged into a conventional telephone wall socket or the back of the hub? If the former then this has sometimes been attributed in the past to crossed connections or other cabling problems. Mostly though the recent posts seem to have been on lines that were not in use at all by customers and on connections via the hub (21CV phone)

Wait for a forum team member to pick up this topic and they should be able to assist (which will probably involve a technician being sent out to investigate your phone setup). The forum team may take up to a week to reply.

(Best not to make multiple posts on the same issue as it actually makes getting a meaningful reply from VM less likely and is against the forum rules. Just stick to one thread).

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi lou020

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear of the phone line dispute. I've checked the system and due to the phone line you have, it cannot be a cross line. I can see however you've booked a technician visit. Please let us know how the visit goes. You can double check or amend your booking here

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It would be interesting to hear back from the OP @lou020 what the final outcome and resolution to this turns out to be.

0 Kudos
lou020
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi all.  A technician came out and said there was nothing wrong with the system, but couldn’t understand why the phone line from the wall socket was connected to the back of the super hub.

he said it doesn’t need to be,  he unplugged it and the line still worked,   For a while,or until he left.as soon as he’d gone the line went dead,so I reconnected it and it works.

i remember virgin originally had to couple the virgin socket into the BT wall socket. And a lady technician said we had to have a phone not just the lead plugged directly into the virgin hub.so she did and all has been ok until August when these 70 calls were made.  Plus 2 on the 28 September.

anyway,managed to speak again with customer service and they have issued a credit for all the calls.  So very pleased with virgin.........at the moment.😀

0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Interesting to hear the next stage of the story but I have to confess to being somewhat confused as to what kind of phone connection you are now running (21CV where the phone signal is brought in via the hub or a conventional arrangement with regular telephone wall sockets).

Anyway, glad you managed to get a credit for the unknown calls. Guess you just need to keep a close eye on the situation with some further monitoring.

0 Kudos