cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

charged for call, despite 'talk anytime' and calls not itemised in bill

jumbojake
Dialled in

I have finally gained access to my bills, I now see I have been charged for phone calls, despite being on 'talk anytime'.

The calls are not itemised on the bill, so no idea what they relate to. 

How do you get sight of the calls made, which I have been charged for?

Also, what calls remain chargeable even with the 'talk anytime' package?

18 REPLIES 18

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to me, 

Everything goslow has advise above is correct. 

Id be happy to take a further look into this for you. 

I will pop you over a PM so that I can get some account information. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Thanks for the advice... I tried the DSAR request, but sadly they sent totally the wrong information, without anyway to feedback.

it now opens a bigger concern for GDPR, that such secure information is openly sent, which was never requested.. feels like very little concern to personal data.

I am concerned to raise a new GDPR, as they may sent out other personal information.. it feels lie there maybe no solution to this issue

Hi @jumbojake, thanks for your post although I'm sorry you didn't get what you were looking for.

Exactly what is it that you're missing from your DSAR request, that was your main reason for requesting it?

Many thanks

Tom_W

it was telephone call logs for past year or so ... instead they sent my personal bank details

Thanks @jumbojake, apologies for the confusion here.

I’m sorry but unfortunately we can only provide full itemisation of your future bills going forward, but if you have a court order requesting historical call itemisation lists we can refer you to our police liaison department as an exception.

Apologies for any inconvenience here.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Thanks for your reply, but I do not understand.

Firstly, how did my banking details end up being shared, when they were not requested?  (this itself is a pretty bad breach of GDPR)

Also, under GDPR, I have a right to see any data relating to my account, which includes itemised call logs ... that does not need a court order, it is a right under the GDPR rules. 

Hi @jumbojake, thanks for your response.

I can't really go into any details over this public forum about your questions, but let me pop you another PM so we can go through security and discuss this further.

Please expect this PM shortly and reply directly.

Many thanks

Tom_W

goslow
Alessandro Volta

The DSAR request pages offers

Call Records
Outgoing calls from the service provided number for 12 months (Calls made from your number over a 12 month period) - This does not include any non-chargeable calls i.e. calls to 0800, 112, 999 and 911

Would suggest jumbojake submits a complaint to VM and subsequently (once VM have failed to address the complaint properly) to ICO on VM's handling of his data and failure to provide DSAR as requested.

https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/your-personal-information-concerns/

ICO take a huge amount of time to respond (2 or 3 months) but I found them helpful when I had to deal with a company who had mishandled some of my data in the recent past.

yes, I have already submitted a GDPR related complaint, really angry about improper handing or personal data... wills see what happens there.