Menu
robdian
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

cannot receive incoming calls after moving to Virgin broadband okay on Sky.

We moved from Sky to Virgin Broadband 3 weeks ago and have been unable to receive incoming calls since, the engineer that install the system said it will take 24 hours.

I have rang 150 several times and also spoke to their technicians who said it was a porting problem from which could be the previous supplier not transferring our old telephone number, it has now been 3 weeks and still no incoming calls.

I have tried disconnecting my phone and ring the line and this works, also I can ring the line and plug in my phone and it works as normal until you ring again and it reverts back to one internal ring on the phone I'm using and then hangs up.

My phone is a B&O Beocom 6000 

Any help as don't want to change my phone when it works on BT/Sky

0 Kudos
David_Pn
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: cannot receive incoming calls after moving to Virgin broadband okay on Sky.

Hi robdian

Welcome to our community forum pages and thank you for posting.

We are sorry to hear that you have been unable to receive calls since installation.

We appreciate that this is very frustrating and not a good start to your time with us.

We'd like to take a look at this on here for you.

We'll send you a private message in a moment to confirm some details.

Thank you. 

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

Wes1fran
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I am having the same problem - I changed from Sky to Virgin Media last Tuesday & I cannot get incoming calls? I have a B&O phone? 

0 Kudos
robdian
Joining in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

The virgin engineer that came a year after I had the line installed admitted that they have no fix for this issue. 

i have searched google for fixes without any luck.

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Robdian,

I've had a look at your details and can see that agents and the Telephony Department has already looked at your number issue last year. They contacted the Operator who owns the number who said that the number was ported to us. However I'm unsure whether they checked their switch to be sure. Can you tell me what type of calls are not being received?

Can you test to see whether Virgin Media landline numbers can get through and whether BT numbers (or a different operator) and mobile numbers can get through?

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Wes1fran,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues after moving to us from Sky. Can I ask whether the landline in question is the one on your account or are you referring to a different number that you had with Sky? If you log into your online cable account, you will be able to see your Virgin Media landline number. Can you also tell us whether you can make outbound calls and is there a dial tone? Please give us more information so we can help.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Wes1fran
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisa

yes it’s the same number we had with Sky. We can dial out & have a dialling tone. When it was first installed if anyone rang an answer phone came on & people could leave messages. Now there is nothing when people ring the line just makes a beeping noise to the person making the call then goes dead. The phone has never rang since we changed to Virgin. 

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hello Wes1fran, 

I can see we have had an engineer out to check this 

Looking into a suggestion was made to see if the handsets you have are compatible with our service.

Have you tried an alternative handset yet 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Wes1fran
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

1. Hi
  2. no I haven’t yet but also my phone has stopped taking messages since the engineer came Saturday. I was at least able to pick my messages up but that isn’t working now. I can still dial out!
0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hello Wes1fran

Thanks for your reply 

If you can try an alternative handset that would be much appreciated

Gareth_L

0 Kudos