Menu
Fishface666
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

cancelled my broadband package 3 months ago - Still being charge for phone

I cancelled my package at the end of May/start of June and my service switched off and I'm now happily with sky.

I just got an email to say my virgin bill for this month is £19, so I retrieve password and log in my still active online account and lo and behold

Screenshot_20191002-003018_Outlook.jpg

 what the hell is going on? I clearly cancelled. All my equipment has been sent back. I dont even own a landline phone. Why the heck am i being charged for something i never requested and im not using?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: cancelled my broadband package 3 months ago - Still being charge for phone

Hi Fishface666,

Thank you for reaching out via our forums, I'm really sorry that you've been unexpectedly charged for your landline service.

I appreciate that you don't use your landline, but it sounds like you may have mentioned taking your number over to Sky. In this situation, we would schedule a "port to disconnect" so your other services would be disconnected but the landline would stay active until the number moves to your new provider.

If you're still being charged, this would suggest that the number port was never completed by Sky. We can certainly take a look into this for you, but we'll need to clear account security first. I'll send you a private message now to do this, please head to the purple envelope in the top right corner to respond.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
Fishface666
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Just called virgin and had a Full on argument. He said I was patronising him. He agreed to cancel from now and I'm not liable for the most recent bill but I've said that's not enough. He says I paid the last bill they sent for the phone line and it was clear what it was for (I thought It was the final bill payable before they closed the account)

I've said they billed me erroneously for a service I never requested and paid because I was essentially fooled into paying it and I want to be credited.

He's going to get him manager to call me back when she in in 30minutes or so apparently.

I did not request a number port. There would have been no reason to as I do not own or use a landline phone.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Fishface666,

Thank you for letting us know you've spoken to our support team. It's really disappointing to learn of this experience and that you've struggled to reach a satisfactory resolution.

I appreciate that you've arranged a callback, but please feel free to respond to my private message if you do need further assistance.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos