Menu
Hideyspidey1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

broadband without a phone

Is it possible to have broadband without having to pay for a phone package? Our bills keep going up and up and we dotn use the phone at all

TIA

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: broadband without a phone

Yes, you can have standalone Broadband. It will be cheaper, but not by much, as you are not getting a multi-service discount.

The saving is usually around £5 a month.

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Leefrancis7
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I've been told for many years that you NEED a phone line for the broadband. I'd say in the last couple of years, (perhaps longer, but not been made aware) you don't anymore, and I am not paying for services I don't use. With the latest price hike, I'd like to look at broadband only packages and if the difference is only a few quid then fair enough, a saving is still a saving.

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Leefrancis7

Welcome back to our Community - we've offered Broadband Solus for a number of years now and it's 100% possible to take out broadband without any other services if you don't want them

We do offer discounts for the more services you take out so it may work out cheaper for you to continue having a landline depending on your package and discounts. If you want to discuss your package, you can either call us on 150/03454541111 (option 4 and option 2) or you can pop us a text on 07533051809

Stay safe

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide