cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

billing

lynnep1964
Joining in

just received a letter re-increased to the monthly bill. I am on talk weekends and the basic package of  tv monthly cost is £23 and they are going to increase this by £11 .. does anyone else think this a lot 

6 REPLIES 6

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi lynnep1964, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 
Like many businesses, we’re experiencing rising costs due to inflation. We are not immune to rising costs, primarily due to wider economic changes from rising inflation. 

We’re seeing growing demand for data – with usage growing by more than 10% each year. Last year, we invested more than £2bn in our networks, which contributed to average broadband speeds increasing more than 40%, while helping to make sure our customers stayed connected and were able to keep using our services more and more.

Every customer receives an individual price rise specific to them, if you wish to discuss your increase further then you can discuss this with us either by chatting to us online, calling 0345 454 1111 or 150 from your landline.

Thank you, 

Nat

do you not think nearly a 50% increase is excessive ....

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply. 

Many of our main competitors have announced changes to prices and more are expected to do so this year.

We are confident that we provide excellent value for our customers by including daily saving on Priority, discounted TV subscriptions through Stream and boosting broadband speeds and data through Volt.

Thanks, 

Nat

Yes I can understand prices go up.. but I am 80 years old I only have land line with weekend calls and a basic tv package and I think a 50% increase is excessive… just spent an hr on hold to try and speak to someone??? That’s why I have put it on here 

Everyone is doing the contract song and dance with VM at the moment. The best time to call 150 is just after 8am, mon-fri and ask to be put through to retentions.

TV, Phone and Broadband (FTTP/RFoG) using the Hub 5 in modem mode, with a router running Openwrt.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply lynnep1964.

I would like to take a look at your account from our side so I am going to pop you over a private message. 

This will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat