Menu
eleda
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

amazon scam

Hi there,

We just had a call from what seems to be this Amazon Prime scam going around (I didn't know about it until this happened). Got told my card was going to be used to pay for amazon prime, press 1 if I don't want it to happen. I pressed 1. The message was repeated again, which I thought was weird, so I put the phone down.

Is there any way that they could have got anything from me on this? How do I know that I'm not going to get a big charge for a premium phone call as a result? There doesn't seem to be anyway to contact Virgin other than on here. Can someone from Virgin help?

AM I GOING TO BE BILLED £££££ FOR THIS CON ????

Kind regards

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: amazon scam

Sorry to hear that this happened to you yesterday eleda.

If you didn't give out any information to the caller, they wont have been able to get anything from you, such scams require you to give them information.

As you didnt make the call there will be no charges for you as you would need to make the call to a premium rate number to be charged for it.

Do you have an Amazon Prime account at all eleda? If you do it maybe worth getting in touch with Amazon aswell to check this for you.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos