nightblade
Joining in

i need an adapter to plug my landline into my router

10 REPLIES 10

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @nightblade,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

Have you received any communications from us regarding your local switchover date? If so, an adapter should've been included with that.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

i didn't get a letter or an adpater, i only found out about this beacuse my sister went through same problem.
so again, i need an adapter for my homephone so i can plug an adapter into my router.

Hi @nightblade,

Are you currently experiencing any issues with the landline service? If not and you haven't had the switchover in your local area yet then you won't require an adapter. You'll be contacted in advance to be told when you will have the switchover, and you'll also be given the adapter then.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

I got no letter or any other information from virgin media

so right now, for the past week, i have been paying for a service that i cannot use, and now i am being told that i have to wait.....  very unprofessional.

Hi @nightblade,

I'm sorry to hear that you're facing some landline issues at the moment. I'm more than happy to help you address them, but if your landline service hasn't been switched over yet then an adapter won't help to alleviate matters. Until the switchover, the adapter will not work at all.

Can you please clarify for me what issues you're facing with the service?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

no incomming and no out going calls, i get no dial tone when i pick up my handset.

Hi @nightblade,

Thank you for expanding. Can you also confirm what diagnostics and troubleshooting you've performed thus far in an effort to remedy this issue?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

NONE, because i need an adapter to plug my home phone into the router, and because i don't have that i am paying for a service that i can't use.!

if this does not get sorted, i will look for a different internet supplier.

just mail out an adapter for my phone please.