cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your phone service is changing

Junounited
Joining in

Chbange coming in May. However information says unplug landline cable , install new adapter in hub and connect landline cable. Problem : Hub is in the lounge and landline cable is in kitchen - how am I to coneect the cable to the hub?

4 REPLIES 4

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Junounited wrote:

Chbange coming in May. However information says unplug landline cable , install new adapter in hub and connect landline cable. Problem : Hub is in the lounge and landline cable is in kitchen - how am I to coneect the cable to the hub?

Ask VM (via the VM forum team on here, when they reply to this topic) to modify your home phone wiring so you can use your existing landline extension sockets via the phone connection from the VM hub.

VM should offer to do this free of charge for you as part of the switchover process.

Make sure they make modifications to your phone wiring so you can keep each piece of equipment in the same place (rather than the offer which sometimes crops up on here to move the hub to a different location)

Refer here

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/landline/switchover

Do I need to book a technician visit?

You’ll need to book a free technician visit if...

• You rely on your landline for accessibility needs or don’t have a mobile to make an emergency call – we’ll provide you with an Emergency Back Up Line so you’re always able to call emergency services.
  • You’ve got connected devices such as a burglar alarm linked to a control centre, use a telecare device, or have other phones connected to extension sockets. You’ll need to contact your provider and let them know about the switch if you have any of these to make sure they’re compatible with a fibre service.
  • The Hub and your home phone can’t be placed near each other.

Morning Junounited,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

As goslow has advised, we can arrange to change your home wiring to accommodate this.

So I can help I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner) to get a few more details from you.

Alex_Rm

I am sorry but could not see the purple envelope. as you mentioned.

Apologies Junounited,

Should be with you now 🙂

Alex_Rm