cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You have messages - then you havn't

dnpark38
Knows their stuff

I pick up phone and get told I have messages, dial 1571 to be told I have no messages.

Have I got messages or not?

(VM web help pages offer no help, 151 they are very busy and do not answer)

Open Reach FTTP via ZEN 100mbs
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Great to hear @dnpark38. Thank you for letting me know. Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). Have a lovely rest of your day. All the best. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

37 REPLIES 37

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi dnpark38

Welcome back to the community. 

Sorry to hear that you're having issues accessing your messages. Can you confirm if this is your first time accessing your voicemail. If so, please follow these steps on how to activate this here. Let me know how you get on. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

dnpark38
Knows their stuff

No it is not the first time this is first time I've had this fault.

Been wrong 2 or 3 days now.

Do you have any 3rd party equipment/ answerphone device connected to your phoneline at all? 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

dnpark38
Knows their stuff

No, VM 1571 is a service to take the place of separate answering machines.

Are you thinking it is my fault and not VM's?

It's an odd fault that I have never heard of before, so was just trying to rule out other possible reasons. My questions are just to help diagnose the fault. 

I can recommend that we remove the free voicemail feature and re-add to see if this rectifies the fault. This can take up to 72 hour to complete and will temporarily disable the voicemail feature whilst it is re-added. This will also delete any saved or new voicemails that you have received. Are you happy for me to do this for you? 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

dnpark38
Knows their stuff

Not happy with loss of service so sorry no.

Just to confirm that this will not affect your landline for making and receiving calls at all. You will still be able to operate the landline, it will just be the voicemail that will be affected. Please let me know if you'd like me to try this for you. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

dnpark38
Knows their stuff

I've got engineer on phone now.

Thanks

dnpark38
Knows their stuff

He as switched it off and on and it's not fixed the problem, very disappointing.