Menu
TR5
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Wrong phone number

I have been on the same webchat since Dec 29th, it's now the 5th Jan., because VM has charged me for a call from a number that you have linked to my account, which is not my phone number.

My number is [REMOVED] - 10 digits. You have linked [REMOVED] to my account, the code is to a town 150 miles away.

I am still struggling for the chat person - the third in a row, to understand these are not the same numbers, and I have been charged for a call that is not from my home phone. I was not even at my home address at the time this was supposed to have been made, or on the days either side of it, and yet they cannot understand a simple complaint!

It seems almost impossible to get through, and they keep going away for anything from 15mins to over an hour after only minutes of conversation, leaving me waiting ages for their response.

Just a complete nightmare!

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
TR5
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Wrong phone number against account

Why can't I copy and paste - my query is very long and I have record of it on 'Word'

0 Kudos
TR5
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wrong phone number

7 days into the chat, and I have just been asked if this is a mobile number, or Virgin Media???

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wrong phone number against account

Hi TR5,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I have seen the other post with the information of the number charged and I am sorry for anjy confusion caused.

There is a very simple explanation to this and I will be more than happy to help.

I will send you an invite to a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
TR5
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Wrong Phone Number!

For almost TWO YEARS now, I have been trying to get a WRONG phone number removed from my account. I have now spent over 60 hrs, on the phone, on webchat, on letters, etc., etc., and no further on than 22 months ago.

I have used every means possible, even writing to the Customer Services Director, a Karen Walker, several times, but to no avail.

My phone number is 10 digits long, as are many in the town I live.

Someone has put a '0' in the middle of the number, both changing the STD Area Code, and the number, the consequence of this is, my account has TWO different phone numbers attached to it, and the wrong one's STD code is for somewhere 150 miles away. It also means that if anyone from VM ever tried to contact me on this number, they wouldn't be phoning my correct phone number.

Other consequences of this is, calling 174 or 175 only reports a mis-dialling error, running a line test always reports an error - so it can't ever be checked, monthly bills are sent out with the wrong phone number attached to any additional charges above the standard fee. 

Also, standard letters are sent out against online complaints, stating VM have tried to phone me, but they never have, not on the correct number, which I have impressed on all each time.

The Resolutions Care Team phone number just gives out a recorded message, saying 'we are now closed, call Mon - Fri 8:am - 6:pm - but the recorded message goes on all day, every day, so you can NEVER phone them, as it then cuts off after the message. This was before, during and after lockdown, so can't blame that.

No one - NO-ONE has ever taken hold of this issue and sorted it..... 

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wrong Phone Number!

I have been able to look into your account from your community profile and cannot see any incorrect phone numbers and can only see one  on your account.

I will send over a private message in a moment, so that we can confirm your account details and the correct phone number.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos