Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Wrong Telephone Number

Hi - I just signed up to Virgin as broadband/phone customer after a home move. I was meant to bring across my old telephone number but it has been changed and I have zero idea how to rectify this or who to contact.

Any help will be appreciated 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wrong Telephone Number

Good Evening GazFrazz1972,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to Virgin Media!

Sorry to hear you've not been able to port your number over to us. Can you tell me if the landline service with your previous provider is still active or has this been closed down?

We would need to have the former phone line to be in an active state so we can formally request the phone number

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi David,

Thank you for the reply. I think the number has been closed down as I cannot dial it. We have had the number for 20 odd years so this is a bit of an issue and I definitely requested we keep it. Can anything be done?

Thanks again,

Gary.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello

For a line port to go through both lines have to be active, if the previous number has been closed down then I am afraid that a port cannot be completed. You will need to contract your previous supplier to get the number re-activated then VM can request the port. This is all in line with the rules from Ofcom.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos