Menu
RichW007
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Woke to find landline number we've had for 50 yrs has changed. Urgent help needed. Vulnerable household.

Been with Virgin for about month and we've been receiving/making calls ok with our old number. But today the number has changed without any notice. What makes this much worse is that we live with a vulnerable 87 year old. Today we're expecting calls both from the doctor and the gas board about coming to repair a broken boiler. Cold and without phone. Need urgent help.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Woke to find landline number we've had for 50 yrs has changed. Urgent help needed. Vulnerable househo

call in. It can take staff here a week to reply.
You'll get a faster reply reporting the fault not he phone
0 Kudos
RichW007
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Woke to find landline number we've had for 50 yrs has changed. Urgent help needed. Vulnerable househo

Thanks. Yes, been in the customer helpline queue for an hour.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Woke to find landline number we've had for 50 yrs has changed. Urgent help needed. Vulnerable...

Hi RichW007

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

My apologies for the number port issues. The account was only live on New Year so it takes 8-10 days for a number port to go through. I can see this is in progress now for you

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

0 Kudos
RichW007
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Woke to find landline number we've had for 50 yrs has changed. Urgent help needed. Vulnerable...

Hi John,

Thanks for your swift reply. Finally got through to someone on the phone after two hours and have just been told that the first request to port the number was refused. Why would that happen? We have asked for absolute confirmation that the number will be ported and we were told that this would happen within 8-10 days and we were guaranteed that this would happen. Is this normal?

Really unhappy with the service from Virgin Media so far. Two extra tv boxes have now been delivered now as well and an installation date provided even though it has already been installed. It doesn't sound as though anyone knows what is going on at Virgin.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

have you asked your old provider to cancel the old phone line?
0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me.

Is the old account with the old provider active or got a pending disconnection?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

0 Kudos
RichW007
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

No but we had a letter from them to say that they were sorry we were leaving so Virgin must have contacted them on our behalf.

0 Kudos
RichW007
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

We have had a letter saying our old provider is sorry we are leaving so they must have been contacted by Virgin. 

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

To port the number yes that would be correct but is that the only service you had with them?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

0 Kudos