cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wired Landline - No Dial Tone

GJ_12345
Joining in

My landline is dead - again!  No dial tone, but there's a click when going off-hook.  Calling in from my mobile gives engaged tone.

The same problem has occurred twice this year, in January and June.  In each case I went through the process of fault report/initial checks revealing nothing/engineer visit booked.  Shortly after booking the engineer, it started working again so the engineer visit was very sensibly cancelled.

So can we cut to the chase please, and can you do whatever it is that you do when you book an engineer visit straight away as that appears to fix the problem.

I will add that I am an electronics engineer and have checked the wiring and connections at my end, as I did in both previous cases.

Thanks, Graham

3 REPLIES 3

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi GJ_12345,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your landline at the moment, we don't do anything to the line or your account once a technician visit is booked, the appointment is booked because nothing else can be done to resolve the issues that is why a visit is booked, the previous times could have been an undiscovered area fault that was resolved. I have checked your line and refreshed it on the network, please can you let me know, if that has done anything to help resolve the issues that you're having? If not, please let me know and we can run some further checks on your line before, we need to arrange a technician visit. 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven, thanks for your prompt reply.

Line is still without dialtone.  I've removed all but a single phone connected to the incoming connection box.

Thanks

Graham

Thanks for coming back to us GJ_12345,  I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L