Menu
suemog
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Wigan phone line

Friend phoned yesterday and phone line was fine. Went to use it yesterday afternoon and no dialling tone and no incoming calls. Kept saying nothing wrong in the area but obviously there is something wrong with my phone line. Can’t speak to anyone or get through to book an engineer. I have 2 sockets I use upstairs and downstairs and both dead. When I ring it from my mobile I just hear 3 beeps then it stops. I think I can here a slight hissing when I try to dial as if there is someone still on the line but I’ve tried the friend that rang me last from my mobile and hers was fine. Have I been cut off? If I don’t hear anything tomorrow I will be cancelling it ...any ideas 

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wigan phone line

Hi @suemog

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

My apologies for the landline issue. I've ran some checks on our system today. You need a technician visit anyway, as some of your broadband downstream power levels are out of specification. I've booked the tech for that and put on the comments section about the landline as well 🙂

You can find details of the technician visit here

Please let us know how the visit goes

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
suemog
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Engineer came yesterday at 4 till after 5pm and said phone would be ok in 24 hours due to faulty in main box. Still not working but now when I ring it from my mobile it does the ringing tone but nothing comes from the phone so still no calls in or out.
0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply and update, suemog,

Sorry to hear this is still ongoing, I've run a remote diagnostic and it does indicate that this has already been addressed by phone. Do let us know if you need any further help.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
suemog
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks ...an engineer is booked for tomorrow 

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply and update, suemog. Glad to hear an engineer visit has been booked.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
suemog
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Phone fixed now after 2nd engineer visit. The first engineer did everything right finding the fault but no one went to fix it after he reported it. 

All fine now thanks 

Sue

0 Kudos