Menu
DianeP26
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Wi fi connecton

The download speed for our PC is 101 mbps and it is connected to our hub via a direct cable.  I cannot get a connection via my iphone to our internet at all despite re-inputting our password.  My husband and son on their phones are registering a download speed of 30 mbps from our internet.  Can anyone tell me what is wrong please?  I am having to use 4G at home as wifi is not registering.

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wi fi connecton

Hello DianeP26

Sorry to hear of the broadband issues experienced, clearly not what we like to hear or the service we aim to provide.

Can you confirm which broadband package you're currently on please? Have you rebooted the Hub recently?

We also have these WiFi tips available virg.in/wifihelp that may help boost the signal strength. The speeds received when wireless can depend on a lot of different factors, number of devices, age of the devices, disctance from the Hub, other appliances within the property and even your properties build.

Rob

0 Kudos
DianeP26
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

We have rebooted several times today hoping to solve the problem that way but no joy.

The package we are on is Mix bundle.

All devices are about the same age - 18 months old.

Fast download speed to our PC but useless for any other device.

Do wed need a new hub perhaps?

0 Kudos
DianeP26
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Also I can't download emails unless I come off our internet, so in effect it is not working except for our PC
0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me DianeP26, it does seem strange. How long has this been happening for?

If this is recent, have you been able to check for any area faults and run tests on your connection and equipment here virg.in/service

Rob

0 Kudos
DianeP26
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It has been getting worse over the last few days but dramatic today.  I have run tests and the Virgin media site says there are no faults in the area.  But the speed difference between what our PC receives and what our phones receive is dramatic.

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I'm happy to look into this further for you DianeP26, I will send you a Private Message to get some more details from you to look into this further.

Thanks

Rob

0 Kudos
DianeP26
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Rob.

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

You're welcome DianeP26, I have sent the message 🙂

Rob

0 Kudos
DianeP26
Tuning in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello

We have still got a problem with our wi fi connectivity for any of our devices in the nome.  Our PC is ok but that is connected directly to the hub with a cable.  Robert_P tried to help and it appeared to be fixed for 10 minutes before I went to bed last night but this morning all we can use is 4G as Virgin wifi is not working on devices.  Please can someone help.  I have had no response from the text message I sent to the help team on the link.

0 Kudos