cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why would virgin disconnect my landline without reason?

FleurDainty
Joining in

Found out no-one could call me on my landline for some days now. Reported the fault, to be told it had been disconnected, but no reason was given why. All paid up and the last payment was out on 20/3. I was told the service would be reconnected, but hasn't been yet. Is this level of appalling service new?

1 REPLY 1

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi FleurDainty,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear that your landline has been disconnected. We've never disconnect a customer's service without warning or for a valid reason.

We are currently in the process of upgrading all of our customer's landline service over to the fibre network, as the copper network has become outdated. We have been notifying customers about this change and when their home phone is due to be switched over. In these communications, we advise that you may need to  contact us to arrange an engineer to migrate you to the fibre network, and if you do not get in touch, your traditional landline service will be disconnected. So it's possible that this is what's happened here, however if that's the case, we will be able to help and reinstate your landline service on the new network.

I've sent you over a private message so I can take your details and help further.

Thanks,

Beth