Menu
harrismix
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Why such poor service?

Just thought I'd share this with you, our home phone was finally activated today but I would like to upgrade the package to talk more anytime. I called 0345 454 1111 and after going through all the various options I was put into a queue for 32 minutes. Someone finally answered and told me that I don't have any phone on my package, I explained that I do and it works and I have a phone number, he then said he would put me on hold for a moment. The on-hold music started again and after listening to it for almost 10 minutes without any explanation I assumed he had just cut me off. I called again, this time it took me almost 40 minutes for someone to answer, they cut me off completely within about 3 seconds. Do you think that Virgin consider that I'm a customer who has been spending £66 a month with them for several years and I'm actually calling to upgrade and spend even more money?  I actually tried to do this on the website but when I click the 'upgrade your phone' link it just goes straight to an error page that says: 

Oops! Something went wrong. Sorry, we’re unable to change your package online.

All I am trying to do is upgrade the home phone from talk weekends to talk more anytime.

I should also add that aside from the major inconvenience of standing there for hours listening to the on hold music I have to pay for these long calls, the last time I called I was on hold for over an hour and that call to Virgin Media cost me £11 

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Why such poor service?

I'm sorry to hear about your experience harrismix when trying to contact us to add Talk More Anytime onto your package. I'm unsure why you was cut off when you rang back but we'll get this fed back to the Calls Team so we can see if there are any system issues.

I'm afraid we're unable to change packages on this forum but have you been able to call back since you last posted to speak to an agent to get it added? If you now have a Virgin Media landline, you can dial 150 from it to speak to our Customer Services for free. Dialing 150 goes to our 0345 454 1111 number. Alternatively you may text us on 0753 305 1809 to get your package upgrade.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos