Menu
peter081153
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Why have virgin failed for 2 weeks to port my old suppliers telephone number in?

I have made numerous calls to virgin after my old number was not ported into virgin spent many hrs talking on the phone all to no avail. Virgin have failed me completely to the point I have lost all faith in their false promises to sort it out.

They told me my old line had been disconnected  and after insisting they call it found it to be still active.  Despite this they failed t port my number which has now been cut off and I have only the virgin number which is no good to me as I now have to contact dozens of people including overseas to change my number.

I really don't want to stay with virgin any more and certainly wont recommend them to my daughters who were going to join.

I have just spent another 45 minutes plus  on the phone the cut off to no avail.

P.S I've tried to speak to a manager and guess what you can't

Thanks a lot Virgin

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Why have virgin failed for 2 weeks to port my old suppliers telephone number in?

Was the correct procedure followed?

By this I mean that you contacted Virgin & they handled the entire switchover, including all contact with your old provider.

Landline switchovers are new provider initiated changes under OFCOM rules. If you bypass this & give your old provider notice of termination yourself, this throws the proverbial spanner in the works & will stop any number port request in its tracks.

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
peter081153
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Why have virgin failed for 2 weeks to port my old suppliers telephone number in?

My account wasnt due to end with my previous supplirr until 23 June 7 days after virgim messed it up but thanks

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi peter081153,

Welcome to the Community Forums! Thank you for your post.

I am very sorry to hear you've had a lot of issues trying to sort of your landline number port after joining us, this is really disappointing. We would usually advise that if the number is no longer active with your previous provider we wouldn't be able to complete the port, but I'm going to pop you over a PM now to see if there's anything we can do.

Please look out for my message over at the purple envelope 🙂

Thanks

Beth

peter081153
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Whats the purple envelope?

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It's the icon in the top right hand corner of the screen - how you have been PMing me 🙂

Beth

0 Kudos
peter081153
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Beth Any news on your investigation 

Peter 

0 Kudos
peter081153
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Beth

Any news?

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi @peter081153

very sorry to say this, but we don't have an update yet. We are very sorry but we will keep you updated as soon as we have an update. 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos