Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Why have I been given new landline number?

1. On 27 September I moved house. My new property is about 500 metres from the old one. I had decided beforehand to stay with Virgin Media for TV, internet and home phone and was assured that my landline number would remain the same. However when the engineer installed the equipment at the new address, the landline number he gave me was different. Since then I’ve tried numerous times to get the old number back, including an agent who said he would submit a request and it should be rectified within 7-10 days. That was nearly 4 weeks ago. What exactly is the problem?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why have I been given new landline number?

Good Morning venabb,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forum and a very warm welcome to you!

Reading your post I can see that you've only moved a short distance away, can you tell me if you're still issued with the same area code?

If the area code has changed it's not possible to issue a customer with the same phone number

Kindest regards,

David 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi David

Yes my area code is the same. The last person I spoke to said my old number was still available and there should be no problem restoring it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks venabb

I will need to take a closer look at this to see what has happened, Please respond to my private message 🙂

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos