Menu
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Why have I been charged so much for a call?

Hi folks

Just had my monthly bill for Virgin Media.  I have Talk More Weekends plan and there is a 1471 callback to a 01332 number for a duration of 49:00 which I presume is in minutes! The call took place on a Monday at 15:30 in the afternoon. I've been charged £7.30 excluding VAT for this luxury.  Surely this cannot be right even when I am only on Talk More Weekends?!!!

Thanks

Rob

0 Kudos
Rising star
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why have I been charged so much for a call?

For clarity, are you saying that you didn't make the call to the 01332 number or are you just querying the total cost of it?

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm just querying the total cost of the call.

My wife made the call, I've verified that but isn't over £7 for a 49 min call excessive to a 01332 landline number?

Cheers

0 Kudos
Rising star
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You can look up the call charge rates outside of your free time here for different times and types of call

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/phone/compare

and expand the section 'Show info+' beneath 'Talk more weekends'. I believe there is also a charge of 19.2p for using the 1471 return call service (from the footnote of pg.2 in the 'Latest Tariff Guide' PDF at the bottom of the above weblink).

The sums look as though that charge would be correct.

On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yeah, just checked it and the maths do stack up.  Sheesh.  It's cheaper on WhatsApp/mobile.  {Shuffles off to have a word with the missus}.

Thanks mate.

0 Kudos
Rising star
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Also worth noting (if you aren't aware of it already) of the 60 free minute limit per call on your weekend call package. Re-dial before 60 minutes to avoid call charges (as explained on the same previous web page link for the Talk More Weekends package).