Menu
gryan1600
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Why does my new Hub 3 work 2 weeks then tell me my phone is not in phase with my hub?

I have only been on for 2 weeks and my internet became intermittent and the phone wont work at all.

Eventually able to sign up for an account I run a test on the line and get my phone is not in phase with my equipment ???

Well it worked for 2 weeks then "suddenly" didn't !!

Red flashing phone on my hub. I can dial emergency services though. So it does work - why am I being stopped ?????

I cant see various pages on signing in.  Can't use chat as it seems to be down during the day aswell as evening.

Cant alter settings on my accout either as it tells me its not possible at the moment and to get back another day.

But I can miraculously get through to upgrades if I want.  Bit 1 sided there !!!

Cant untick the bit where I share my line with the rest of the world too.

All in all. No one can call me. I cant call them. I can however be a hot spot despite getting intermittant service myself.

I cant call free from my phone 150, but I can pay through the nose to call 0345 from my mobile and wait 25 minutes at 40p a minute and of course I can call for an amulance or fire truck to attend if need be.

Should I be paranoid ???

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why does my new Hub 3 work 2 weeks then tell me my phone is not in phase with my hub?

Hi gryan1600,

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the Community Forums. Sorry to hear that you have been having issues with your hub and landline.If the hub is showing a red flashing phone icon, it would be the equipment or service.  Have you tried factory resetting the hub? There are some troubleshooting tips here. I have run remote diagnostics here and not reading the phone service. I do see that there is a engineers visit already booked for you. The engineer will be able to get this sorted for you.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
gryan1600
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why does my new Hub 3 work 2 weeks then tell me my phone is not in phase with my hub?

so why can I call NHS 111 and Emergency service 999 ?  The phone works but a setting within the Virgin service is preventing it.  I believe it is software not hardware or even a faulty line.

Will try factory reset

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Cheers, try the factory reset and let us know how it goes. ^CC

0 Kudos
gryan1600
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Reset plus 15 minutes and all is same as before - red flashing phone and can call NHS 111 , will assume 999 still , and nothing else.

0 Kudos
gryan1600
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Also when I try to "Opt out of Virgin Media WiFi" as yesterday I get "There is some problem in saving your settings.Please try again later." .

Is this option to prevent others using my internet connection and be a hot spot for others to use ?

If that is the case I certainly want to opt out but and being prevented from doing that also.  Why?

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

the hotspot doesn't use your connection
gryan1600
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

And yet that is what it reads like, plus Which Magazine says, and I cut and paste here, "If you don’t want your Virgin Media hub acting as a hotspot, you’ll need to get in touch with Virgin by visiting this link. From there, sign into your account and click My Profile. You should be able to opt out of the scheme under the Virgin Media WiFi Settings menu."

And on the 3rd day, tried again to change the setting and Virgin prevented it, Jesus didn't rise but my blood pressure has.

0 Kudos
gryan1600
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

ok .

its an account fault at VM HQ- there's a massive credit still on the account but I dont get to make calls if I paid in advace.  Logic or what?   Well its WHAT !!!

Next step is to wait..... and wait  ....... and wait.....   and..... wait..... and............................................................................ BANG !!!!

So if I feel lonely I can call 111 , say I am depressed, which I am now, and talk to someone who may get as depressed as me and I'll have been responsible for their illness/cure.

I already had a man from the constablary call to see if I was alright.   How embarrassing.

So training needed at Service Centres.  I think I am now in a position to be supervisor and manager within a month. And senior Director in perhaps 6 months.  As long as I dont have to apply on line and get a first phone interview - because I'd be stuffed then as it stands.

Bewildered, feelings of rejection, what am I doing here, another 24 hours and .... who knows it may work.

0 Kudos
gryan1600
Tuning in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

FINAL REPLY TO THIS THREAD IS .......

The "new" hub" was duff, didn't work, was faulty, up the creek, defunct, useful as a chocolate fireguard, dead as a Norwegian Blue, it is no more,snuffed, deceased and if biodegradable would be pushing up the daisies.

So weeks later got a new one in and started again.

Never got a refund for a month with no internet plus numberous calls on a mobile that only worked upstairs leaning out the window due to signal weakness, starting, restarting, factory resets, swapping cables (not supplied in first place, swapping to 5 different phones and repeating all the above, turning off and on again or the bandages to my head or the plasterer in to mend the walll I was banging my head against.  And family members were ill, one subsequently died, and I could not contact them or they to me for over 3 weeks.

But otherwise a brilliant service once it does work and 3 engineer visits later during certain prevailing conditions and added pain from my prolapse disks (plural because I do nothing by halves).

.......... and they all lived happily ever after..... for the rest of the 18 month contract.

Thanks for everyones advice in meantime.

Kindest Regards

0 Kudos