Menu
GullibleVictim
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Why do my 'Your bill is ready' emails state that I'm on an 18 month Talk Plan Discount ?

Capture.JPGMy Maxit TV Bigger Bundle contract shows that the minimum contract period is 12 months, but each month I receive an email from Virgin advising that my bill is ready to view and it also states:

You currently have 2 promotional discounts saving £36.00 a month

18 Month Talk Plan Discount Which Will End on 23-SEP-21

Welcome Offer - 12 Month Saving Ends on 23-MAR-21

I have no intention of renewing the contract after 12 months, so why does it mention an 18 month Talk Plan Discount ? 

Anyone ?

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Why do my 'Your bill is ready' emails state that I'm on an 18 month Talk Plan Discount ?

You have a second discount that runs for longer than the minimum period of the contract. Its as simple as that. When the minimum period expires you move onto a rolling 30 day contract ad infinitum unless you ring up and negotiate a new one.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

GullibleVictim
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why do my 'Your bill is ready' emails state that I'm on an 18 month Talk Plan Discount ?

Thanks for the reply, nodrogd. That's quite a relief because I was beginning to worry that the package had not been set up correctly and the Talk Plan was on a longer contract than the TV & broadband and as a result, I may incur a penalty if I cancel my account after 12 months.  

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

remember if you do not want to keep it you must give 30 days notice 1 month before the contract ends

otherwise you will end up paying extra months at the normal cost
GullibleVictim
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you apcyberax. What concerns me is that no mention of this 18 month discount was made when I signed the 12 month contract at my local Virgin Media shop. Surely they should have explained this ?

It sounds like sharp practice to me and I would have lived up to my name if you hadn't let me know that I must give 30 days notice before the 12 month contract ends to avoid being ripped off for another 6 months phone rental by Virgin Media   

I cannot understand how they can get away with this when the contract clearly states that the service is for a minimum period of 12 months.Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi GullibleVictim

Thanks for posting. 

As the community have advised, it's a twelve month contract with one of the discounts being for 18 months. I am sorry if that was not advised when taken out,

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
GullibleVictim
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the confirmation John_GS
0 Kudos