Menu
Macsessed
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Why can't I upgrade my home phone package online?

For over a week now I've been trying to get somebody to help me change my home phone package to "Talk More Anytime". Yes, I understand things are difficult at the moment, and it takes longer for requests to be replied to, but I'm going round in circles. 

I was advised to text my request, which is fine, but all that happens is...

1. I answer the automated questions.
2. Somebody says they can't help, but will put me through to the "right team".
3. Finally somebody replies (after days), to which I reply back and then I'm sent back to step 1 again.

And of course, if I want to spend more money with Virgin by adding more channels or increasing my speed, I can do that with a few clicks - so why make it so hard to change phone package?

If I'm a new customer, the website seems to allow me to choose the package I want, but once I'm logged in I just don't have the option. Why?

Tried reaching out to the Twitter team, but was ignored. 

Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why can't I upgrade my home phone package online?

And of course, if I want to spend more money with Virgin by adding more channels or increasing my speed, I can do that with a few clicks - so why make it so hard to change phone package?

So that when you want to make a trivial change, you have to speak to sales agent, who can then try and upsell you more channels or an increased speed.  It really is that simple. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
bramwema
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Was this ever resolved? Having exactly the same problem, if they paid someone to sort out the website they’d have a lot less complaints.

0 Kudos
Macsessed
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I just kept contacting them (over a couple of weeks) via text, and eventually I got somebody who was able to help. 

0 Kudos