cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I get internet but my whole neighborhood can

Sarutochi
Joining in

I love in an area that was redeveloped 15years ago. On a street where a row of terrased housed are sandwiched together by a block of flat at either end. This then repeats further down the road and all the streets coming off the main road are very similar in design. Virgin media came and dug up the pavement to install fibre broadband back in 2019 with the promise of making it available for everyone in the area. I have since checked every postcode and address in my area and only my postcode (one of the blocks of flats) does not offer fibre. Called many times and every time I get told someone will look into it and they'll contact me with an update but I never hear anything. All other blocks of flats have fibre, even the flat on the ground floor with a separate entrance (thus different postcode) has fibre, but not my block. Does anyone know why this is and what I can do as working from home is become difficult when only one person can use the internet when on a video call and as soon as something needs downloading no-one can do anything. Cheers.

1 REPLY 1

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Sarutochi,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry that we don't currently offer service to your address. 

To have the address checked over we would need a spotter to look into this. 

We are unable to book these in from here. If you call into our sales team 0800 183 1234 they will be able to arrange this.

^Martin