Menu
Soop
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Where can i register a landline fault?

I have no landline dialling tone but am being sent round in circles trying to register the fault on the website. No fault is showing in the Service Status for the local area and nothing crops up when you use Virgin's online check system. But we have no service.

No matter what I click on, I can't find where to register the fault. Can anyone send me a link to the relevant page or tell me how to do this without phoning Virgin and hanging on for ages?

Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Where can i register a landline fault?

Good Afternoon @Soop

Really sorry for the delay in response there, how are things looking since your post? 

Kind regards, 

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Soop
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Zak_M

The fault has been fixed.

However, this is the fifth issue we've had with our landline since Christmas. Since lockdown, it has been impossible to get through on the phone to Virgin to report a fault, so we are dependent on reporting via the website. But if we try to do this, either before or after running tests, we get sent round in circles.

All I want is a URL so that if this happens again in future, I can go to that web page and report a landline fault.

For our last major outage, because I couldn't report it, I received no compensation from Virgin at all. In addition, if Virgin had a decent online reporting system, it would save Virgin a lot of money too. I work in comms and I know that setting this up isn't rocket science.

Please post the link that Virgin customers should use to report faults on their landlines and other services. Simply telling me to phone is not helpful when my landline isn't working and not possible if I am permanently on hold and am trying to work.

Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to me, 

The only way other then reporting via the telephone would be via you my virgin media account. 

I appreciate the feedback and will certainly pass it on to our management team. 

Sorry for any inconvenience that this has caused. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Soop
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Even if I log into my Virgin Media account, there is nowhere I can see to log a fault. Or have I missed something?

If there is somewhere to report it after logging in, please let me know how to find it.

Otherwise your fault logging system seems to have become unusable since lockdown if the only method is by phone but you don't have enough people manning your call centres. Please confirm exactly where and how I can log a fault if I am a customer and can log in?

Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update, if this is currently fixed it wouldn't show the option but you can get the Connect app to check on this and it will offer an appointment if needed. 

You can also do so on the service status page when logged in and run tests on equipment. 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Soop
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks @Emily_G

The trouble is that if you run a test and it doesn't show anything (which mine often haven't when I've done a test on a faulty line), there is then no way to report a fault without phoning, and then you're stuck.

Last time Virgin's service status page showed no fault in the local area and the test on my landline came back with nothing. But I had no service. But I couldn't report it unless I used my mobile and faced spending ages hanging on the phone.

Why can we only report a fault online when Virgin's own systems first identify it, given they are obviously fallible? 

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

HI Soop, you will be able to report this online or via the connect app, you can also call the automated service status line on 0800 561 0061 to check for a fault.  We are happy to hear that this is now resolved and let us know if you need anything further - Chris 

0 Kudos
Soop
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for your reply @Chris_W1

You say that I should be able to report this fault online. If there is no fault detected by Virgin's own systems and no issue showing on the local area service status page or when phoning 0800 561 0061, and you've tried all Virgin's recommended options to test the connection, but still have no working landline phone - can you tell me exactly which page on Virgin's website has the option to report the fault online, as per your message?

That's all I'm trying to establish with this thread, but no one has yet been able to tell me where that option is on the Virgin website.

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

This can be done by visiting the following link 

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/home-phone-line-faults

or 

151 / 0345 454 1111 

Chris 

0 Kudos