Menu
Kazza100
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

What is "Desination Wi Fi" on my phone bill

Hi Folks,

I have an itemised bill and two calls are for "destination WI FI" and it shows as a mobile number. The help section only shows explanations for 118 calls and 08 numbers, but I've never seen this on my phone bill before (my wi fi is an unlimited package also) Cheers

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: What is "Desination Wi Fi" on my phone bill

Some virtual mobile operators do not use the standard carrier networks & instead use internet based services. These are services like LycaMobile & a few others. Because they are not standard mobiles the calls are chargeable, despite them still using the “mobile” range of numbers.

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kazza100
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: What is "Desination Wi Fi" on my phone bill

Ahhh, Many Thanks!  !I

I believe my friend has just switched to Giff Gaff and that explains it. I did question Giff Gaff and they said in their defence that

just because they are not a shop based company but an internet one, the other phone companies do not class them as a "Mobile Phone Company" that

is included in my all inclusive package and have got around it by charging for calling giff gaff which they feel is mean 😞  

Thank you again for your help, it is greatly appreciated as a newcomer I was very pleased at such a rapid response.

0 Kudos