cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekday phone charges

Pruacres
Joining in

I have just changed to Talk Weekend but can't seem to find out the weekday call charge, I have been referred to the website but that is useless, can anybody tell me the call cost during the week?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Is there a 2021 version of the 'Everyday Call Charges' booklet or was the 2020 version retained for 2021?

From the 2020 version, 16 ppm seems to apply to minutes over 60 min at w/e. 17 ppm is shown for weekday call costs, daytime and evening, local and national no's.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

goslow
Alessandro Volta

There used to be a helpful and detailed page for call charges which seems to have now been replaced with a much less helpful and less detailed one!

https://www.virginmedia.com/landline/compare

This seems to be the current call charge price list (from April 2020) linked from the above page

https://www.virginmedia.com/content/dam/virginmedia/dotcom/images/mobile-browse/downloads/010420_Eve...

Not sure if there is anything newer than that.

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank for your post on our Community Forums @Pruacres!

I've been able to find this handy bit of information for you via this link

Talk Weekends: Zero-rated tariff applies to the first hour of direct-dialled local and national geographic voice calls only (numbers beginning 01, 02 and 03), Virgin Mobile numbers and 0870 numbers starting within the weekend (all day Saturday and Sunday) periods. Excludes indirect access, dial-up internet, 0845, other non-geographic numbers, 070 personal numbering, and 076 paging charge-bands. Re-dial before 60 minutes to avoid call charges. Calls over 60 minutes will be charged at standard rates, except for calls to mobiles which will be charged at 5p a minute. Charges apply outside of inclusive minutes. Fair usage policy applies. Inclusive 0870 numbers subject to limit of 1000 minutes or 150 calls per rolling 30 day period.

Standard rate phone calls are charged at 16p per minute

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Is there a 2021 version of the 'Everyday Call Charges' booklet or was the 2020 version retained for 2021?

From the 2020 version, 16 ppm seems to apply to minutes over 60 min at w/e. 17 ppm is shown for weekday call costs, daytime and evening, local and national no's.

Hi @goslow,

The date shown at the bottom of this page is 2021, but the call changes guide is the same one as you have provided - stating 2020, so it looks like this may be the most up to date.

Thanks for digging that out for me!

Kindest regards,

David_Bn