Menu
gt37
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

We jave left

We left Virgin Media on August 27th, cut off bang 0001 on the 27th. Not 2359 as the termination date was the 27th. Anyway, the home phone is now th problem. We have swapped over to BT full fibre, that didn't go as simple as expected either. But twice we have contacted Virgin to disconnect the house phone as BT are now taking the number over, 1st they said yep that will be disconnected, which should have been yesterday, still live, we have just contacted Virgin again, oh someone will contact you 24 to 48hrs. So now Virgin are holding up the BT changeover. Which Virgin have known about since the 29th July...anyone help?

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: We jave left

Hello gt37

Thanks for your post and sorry to hear about the Telephone line issues 

I am more than happy to take a look at this for you 
I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

if you cancel your phone line or request it to be cancelled vm can not port your number.
The line will cancel when BT port the number.

DO NOT ASK VM TO CANCEL THE LINE IF YOU WANT YOUR NUMBER
0 Kudos
gt37
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

So who is at fault? The phone is via Voip, when we dial out on our BT voip phones our number shows, whe  we ring in the Virgin land line rings. So the Virgin line needs switching off, or BT need to do something? If we switch our phones off connected to Virgin the lines just rings. Both companies know about the switch over. 

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for those details 

I can see that is sitting with our Telephone Operations Centre which is the correct department to get this resolved 

I will also keep an eye on this account and keep you updated with any changes or updates 

You have a callback request from  this morning which will get done. 

We may be a little delayed as most of the employees are still working from home 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos