Menu
mike29
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Warning! Scam calls.

Just had 2 within 30 mins. Not new. Just a notification for others and a heads up for virgin.

Hi, you missed a call from your internet service provider. We have been trying to get in touch with you. 

However, we will disconnect your internet connection within 24 to 48 hours as some illegal activity happened over your internet server.

For further enquiries please contact our executive. Press one to be connected to our technical executive."

Numbers that called.

[MOD EDIT: PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED]

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Warning! Scam calls.

Hi @mike29,

Thanks for getting in touch, and a warm welcome back to our Community Forum! I'm really sorry that you've had this issue with scam calls.

I've reported these numbers to the relevant team now. You can find more information on protecting yourself, and your account, from fraudulent calls here.

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can help you with.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team
0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The first number listed is cloned, belongs to a genuine user in Kingsbridge Devon, & is nothing to do with the scam call, which originated in India.

The second number is on a “Protected” list, & is reserved for future use, so again is a fake number.

VM BB TV Landline. Vonage 2nd line. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for checking up on those 🙂 @nodrogd

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos