cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vulnerable customer

Apple11
Joining in

My vulnerable father (90, housebound and lives alone)  has been unable to use his phone for at least 36 hours. He was  issued with a priority incident number yesterday with a promise to be contacted within 24 hours. On checking, virgin customer services have confirmed that though the paperwork has been raised the ticket has still not been actioned. He has recently been discharged from hospital following a heart condition and is unable to now phone for an ambulance if needed. Is it possible to install an emergency 999 land phone as a back up as this is the second time in the past 6 months that Virgin have left him unable to call emergency services?  Currently I am awaiting a call back from a manager  for an update when he can expect an engineer and as a response to a formal complaint I have made.

1 REPLY 1

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Apple11

We're really disappointed to hear of both the landline issues and the problems getting this looked into, we can certainly understand the concern caused and are eager to assist with this. We appreciate you giving us the chance to do so via the forums and welcome to the community.

So I can look into this further for you I will send you a Private Message to get some more details from you to assist. Check the envelope in the top right of the forum when signed in for the message.

Rob