Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Voicemail v Call Waiting

I have been with VirginMedia (VM) for a month.
Voicemail free (Vmf) was installed at setup.

I would like to install Call Divert and Call Waitng (CW).

I have a 'purple' land line.

But, according to the Phone User Guide, CW cannot work because all simultaneous calls in, after the first, are diverted straight to Vmf.

Is there a solution?

I wonder if ...

... can I get VM to disconnect Vmf and install Call Divert and CW.
then I can use a cordless landline with a built-in answer phone?

Flop

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Voicemail v Call Waiting

Hello

Call divert will divert all calls to another number it is not a service where it will only divert on busy, call waiting will work, the problem you are going to have that both of these services are chargeable at £2.25 each per month.

Have a look at the guide at https://store.virginmedia.com/content/dam/eSales/Downloads/Phone%20User%20Guide.pdf.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Voicemail v Call Waiting

Thank you

a) I would only want Call Divert when I am away fom home and need immediate notification of an incoming call. Call Waiting and answerphone would not be needed.

b) Pricing. Latest call charges quote £3 per month for Voicemail+, Call Divert and Call Waiting package. I dont know if I can order the package and either not install Voicemail+ or uninstall it.

https://www.virginmedia.com/content/dam/virginmedia/dotcom/images/mobile-browse/downloads/010420_Eve...

c) Is this setup (Call Divert + Call waiting + Answerphone [no Voicemail] ) feasible in your estimation?

Flop

0 Kudos