Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Voicemail problem on home phone - dial tone not changing when message is left

I have just found out that the dial tone doesn't change when someone leaves a message. Over the last week I have received some calls but missed them. I picked up the phone and got the normal dial tone - so I thought no messages have been left. Purely by chance today I dialled 1571 and it tells me that there are 3 messages from the last week or so. Earlier this year a VM engineer came round and changed the setup of my phone (due to an issue with the number) so that it no longer gets plugged into the wall socket...it now goes into the Hub...would this have something to do with it? Can someone please advise.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Voicemail problem on home phone - dial tone not changing when message is left

Hi there @Adie_Mate

Welcome back to our Community and thanks so much for your post - I was sorry to understand that you're having some issues with your Message Waiting Indicator since moving to our VOIP telephone service. 

I have been able to locate your account to take a look and we can see that the indicator is indeed activated on the line so it should be working when you get a new message. Have you managed to clear all the current messages since your post and tried leaving a test message to see if it's now showing? 

Keep me posted and we can see if removing and re-adding helps. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Voicemail problem on home phone - dial tone not changing when message is left

Hi,

I've cleared down the messages, reseated the cable, rebooted the Hub and left a test message....but still no change in dial tone to indicate message was left. Over to you.....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Adie_Mate

Thanks for that - I have refreshed it from this end for you and all is showing that it is rebooted and enabled for you. 

Please can you leave a test message again and let us know how you get on? If this doesn't work, we'll need to raise an IT ticket for investigation. 

Keep me posted. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I left a test message but there was still no change in the tone. I then rebooted the Hub again and left another message and again no change in tone. This obviously needs further investigation.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for checking @Adie_Mate - we can see that you have also rebooted for us which is great. 

As the refresh hasn't reset everything, I have raised an IT ticket for you under reference number F008533564. We usually get a response within around 5 working days if not sooner. Once we have any update, we'll be sure to let you know. 

If you've not heard back from us, please do feel free to pop us a reply to this thread and we can check for updates and escalate if needed. Your account has been updated with the same information. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

This issue is now resolved. I received a call from IT yesterday and I believe they reset the mailbox in order to rectify the issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for letting us know 🙂 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos